(b. ca. 1400, Reichenhofen/Allgau, d. 1467, Ulm)
Multscher was a German sculptor active in Ulm. The solid naturalism of his style, reminiscent of Sluter, suggest that he was trained in the Netherlands or northern France. He ran a large workshop, which was influential in spreading this manner in Swabia. Paintings were integral to his altarpieces, but it is a matter for debate whether he practised painting himself. The Wurzach altar (1437), the only painting attributed to him by some experts, exhibits a realism nearer to contemporary Flemish than German painting.
Among his most important works was the high altar for the church at Sterzing in the Tyrol (1456-58), part of which are now in the Multscher museum there.