(b. 1793, Wien, d. 1875, Wien)
Pováský Hrad and the Renaissance Mansion1860s
Watercolour and pencil on paper, 270 x 371 mm
Library of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
The Renaissance mansion below the castle was built for Zsigmond Balassa and his wife, Magdolna Giczi, in 1631. The walls of its banqueting hall were decorated with murals and inscriptions written in Latin and Hungarian. By the latter half of the 19th century it was already in ruins.