(b. 1613, Taverna Calabria, d. 1699, La Valleta)
Oil on canvas, 202 x 297 cm
Museo Nazionale di Capodimonte, Naples
The Feast was one of a series of four paintings that belonged to the furnishings of the palazzo of the Duca di San Severino Gruther in Naples in 1745. It probably served as a counterpart to David Playing the Harp to Saul (private collection), and in the 18th century it had already been compared with Veronese by Preti's biographer De Dominici, because of its magnificent painted architecture.