(b. 1764, Milano, d. 1849, Firenze)
Italian painter. He enrolled at the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera in Milan, his teachers were Giuliano Traballesi, Giocondo Albertolli and Giuseppe Piermarini. In 1788 he arrived in Florence and executed, in 1789, the decorations of the Teatro della Pergola. The same year he was appointed professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence.
He spent his life mainly in Florence and Rome. His abilities as a decorator were accompanied by considerable literary culture. In Florence he worked in the chapel of the Palazzo Pitti and in various rooms of the same palace, in the Basilica della Santissima Annunziata, in the Pucci and Capponi palaces. He also worked for churches in Bergamo, Brescia, Lucca, Livorno, Pisa and Siena. In Arezzo, he executed frescoes of scenes from the Old and New Testament.