(b. 1871, Nancy, d. 1933, Nancy)
French architect and craftsman. He studied architecture at the École des Beaux-Arts in Nancy and embarked on study tours to Egypt, Italy, Tunisia, Persia, and India before finally settling in Nancy in 1901. Initially, he collaborated with his father, the architect Charles André (1841-1921), who was one of the organizers of the Exposition des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Lorrains of 1894, which proved to be a prelude to the formation of the Ecole de Nancy seven years later.
In Nancy, he joined the Art Nouveau circle founded a decade earlier by Emile Gallé and established as the Ecole de Nancy in 1901. Here he taught applied art and architecture. With Henri Gutton (1873-1963), he planned a new suburban development of 28 villas, the Parc de Saurupt. He designed the concierge's hut and two houses, Les Roches, for his own use and another, Les Glycines, for Fernbach, an industrialist from Lorraine. His residential houses in Nancy are notable for the façades having ingenious compositions using many different materials.
As a craftsman, André designed furniture.