(b. 1825, Paris, d. 1896, Paris)
French ébéniste whose company specialised in producing high quality replicas of 18th-century originals.
Dasson established his workshop at 106, rue Vielle du Temple, after a brief career at rue des Nonnains-d'Hieres in the fabrication of bronze artifacts and clocks in association with Émile Godeau. A gifted draftsman, Dasson studied under Justin Marie Lequien, professor at the École Superieur Turgot. In 1871, he bought the workshop and stock for 14,000 francs from the widow of the ébéniste Charles-Guillaume Winckelsen, and soon became recognized as a brilliant ébéniste and bronzier.
He participated in the 1878 Paris Exposition Universelle. He was made a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur in 1883 and was awarded the Grand Prix Artistique at the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle. When the business closed in 1894, an auction was organized to clear the remainder of his stock.