MORO, Giuseppe del
(b. 1718, Firenze, d. 1781, Firenze)
Italian painter, the son of the quadratura painter Lorenzo del Moro. He was a pupil of his father and in 1740 he joined the Accademia del Disegno in Florence where he held various positions in the years 1778-81.
In 1740 he collaborated as an architecture painter with Vincenzo Meucci in the decoration of the gallery in the Villa Ginori, Doccia. He collaborated with Meucci also in Empoli in the collegiate church of Sant'Andrea (1761-63, vault painting) and in San Stefano degli Agostiniani (decoration of Buon Consiglio).
In 1764 he was active in Pistoia, and from 1768 he worked in the Villa Poggio Imperiale, near Florence. Between 1779 and 1781 he painted part of the west corridor in the Galleria degli Uffizi, damaged by fire in 1762, and two other rooms, now lost.