(b. 1694. Warszawa, d. 1783, Markt St Florian)
The Four Seasons Paying Homage to Chronosc. 1737
Oil on canvas, 75 x 95 cm
This oil sketch is a study for a ceiling fresco in the ceremonial hall of the Neuwartenburg palace near Timelkam/Vocklabruck. The palace was built between 1730-32 by the architect Anton Erhard Martinelli (c. 16841747) in honour of Emperor Charles VI, who visited Vocklabruck to go hawking.