(b. ca. 1400, Vicchio nell Mugello, d. 1455, Roma)
Institution of the Eucharist1445-46
Pen and wash on pink tinted paper, 135 x 179 mm
Musée du Louvre, Paris
This drawing may be associated with one of the lost scenes from the second floor of the Vatican Palace. They were destroyed by Pope Paul III to build the Pauline Chapel (painted by Michelangelo in 1542-50). The drawing, made on pint tinted paper, was executed in pen and wash with intense bistre (white) highlights on the drapery of the figures.