(b. 1377, Firenze, d. 1446, Firenze)
View of the domebegun 1441
Santa Croce, Florence
The Chapter House for the monastery of Santa Croce was commissioned by the powerful Pazzi family and is known as the Pazzi Chapel. Although the structure may have been designed c. 1423-24, the construction did not start until 1442 and it was only finished c. 1465. The design of the façade, still unfinished, is only partially based on Brunelleschi's design. The plan and interior, however, represent an amplification and consolidation of the principles announced earlier in Brunelleschi's Sacristy of San Lorenzo.