(b. ca. 1465, Vicenza, d. ca. 1535, Venezia)
Sts Benedict, Thecla, and Damian1497
Oil on panel, 82 x 68 cm
Galleria dell'Accademia, Venice
This is a fragment of an altarpiece originally in the church of Santi Cosma e Damiano on Giudecca. The church was partially destroyed by fire in 1700, and today only fragments of the altarpiece survive. The central panel depicting the Virgin and Child is held by the Banca Popolare Vicentina.