(b. ca. 1490, Correggio, d. 1534, Correggio)
Deposition from the Cross1525
Oil on canvas, 158,5 x 184,3 cm
Galleria Nazionale, Parma
This painting, together with its companion piece the Martyrdom of Four Saints, was painted for the Del Bono chapel in San Giovanni, Parma. The unusual shape of the figures, which never fit into the scene, are probably due to the original dimensions of the chapel (which was later enlarged).