(b. ca. 1460, Oudewater, d. 1523, Bruges)
Oil on panel, 88 x 56 cm
Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid
This panel is an early work and reveals the influence of van der Weyden, van Eyck and Campin. The compositional formula is typical of Crucifixion paintings of the time, with a group of figures on each side of the cross and an ample landscape in the background.