(b. 1637, Cento, d. 1688, Bologna)
Oil on canvas, 65 x 55 cm
Cesare moved to Bologna in 1643 on his uncle Guercino's instigation, moving into the latter's home and entering his workshop with his painter brother Benedetto Gennari. This painting was executed by Cesare in the workshop, however, some critics suggested that Guercino may have had a hand in its execution.