(b. 1638, Rieti, d. 1702, Roma)
San Carlo ai Catinari, Rome
The chapel of St Cecilia in San Carlo ai Catinari, Rome, was done in the late seventeenth century by Antonio Gherardi with a blending of architecture, painting and sculpture. The lower level is rich in fabrics, paintings, movement. Above, the elliptical dome opens over a white setting in which, in contact with the large window illuminating the chapel, stand music making angels.