(b. 1735, Paris, d. 1784, Paris)
The Calvary Chapel of the Church Saint-Roch-
Oil on canvas, 128 x 97 cm
Musée des Beaux-Arts, Pau
In spite of the theatrical appearance, the painting depicts a real chapel in the church of Saint-Roch in Paris, in the vicinity of the Tuileries. The chapel was designed by Étienne-Louis Boullé. The sculptures were made by Falconet and Anguier.
The painting presently is on loan to the Musée Carnavalet in Paris.