(b. 1667, Genova, d. 1749, Genova)
Oil on canvas, 110 x 167 cm
The Hermitage, St. Petersburg
The painting belongs to a series of four, two of which representing bacchanalian scenes, the other two brigands. In the 18th century all four was in the collection of the Russian Count Suvalov, then in the 20th century it was tranferred to the Hermitage. (One of the bacchanalian scenes is now in the Pushkin Museum, Moscow.)
The painting was executed in collaboration with Clemente Spera who painted the architectural background.