MASTER of the St. Bartholomew Altar
(active 1470-1510 in Cologne)
Oak, 107 x 80 cm (central panel), 107 x 34 cm (each wing)
The Altarpiece of the Crucifixion was the second commission received by the artist from the lawyer Peter Rinck. The altarpiece was donated to the Convent in Cologne.
The central panel represents the Crucifixion while the left wing St John the Baptist and St Cecilia, the right wing St Alessio and St Agnes.