MASTER of the Munich Marian Panels
(active in mid-15th century in Bavaria)
The Nativityc. 1450
Oil and gold on pine panel, 107 x 81 cm
Two panels in the Kunsthaus, Zurich, depicting The Annunciation and The Nativity, are thought to have constituted part of the wings of a large Crucifixion altarpiece whose central panel was the Munich Cathedral Crucifixion (Münchner Domkreuzigung) now in that city's Frauenkirche. which in turn is considered the work of a collaborator dubbed the Master of the Munich Cathedral Crucifixion.