(b. 1475, Caprese, d. 1564, Roma)
Marble, height 253 cm
Galleria dell'Accademia, Florence
This Pietà was attributed to Michelangelo for the first time in 1756 without any proven evidence. If it were his, it would have to be placed between the two last Pietàs. However, the heaviness of the figures and the square contours of the group make this attribution doubtful.