(b. 1846, Zám, d. 1879, Charenton)
Oil on wood, 37 x 54 cm
Magyar Nemzeti Galéria, Budapest
Following the international exhibition held in Munich in 1869, László Paál made an extended study-tour in The Netherlands where he studied the paintings of the Dutch masters especially those of Hobbema and Frans Hals. He stayed in Beilen, a characteristic Dutch village where he executed, among others, this painting.