PALMERINO DI GUIDO
(active c. 1296-c. 1309)
St Nicholas Forgiving the Consul1300-01
Chapel of St Nicholas, Lower Church, San Francesco, Assisi
Palmerino di Guido was a collaborator of Giotto on the Legend of St Francis in the Upper Church. He executed many of the paintings in the St Nicholas Chapel of the Lower Church. This chapel is located at the end of the transept and it was built by Cardinal Napoleone Orsini at the end of the 13th century as indicated by the coat-of-arms occurring many times on the walls of the chapel.