RAFFAELLINO DEL GARBO
(b. ca. 1466, Firenze, d. 1524, Firenze)
Oil on panel, 58 x 91 cm
The present panel dates from the latter part of the artist's career. The composition adheres to a late 15th century Florentine formula, with seemingly two-dimensional figures arranged symmetrically across an architectural setting, with a distant landscape extending into the background beyond the arched portico.