(b. 1721, Palermo, d. 1797, Madrid)
La Granja de San Ildefonso, near Segovia
The Bourbons took a great interest in the former Hieronymite monastery of La Granja de San Ildefonso near Segovia, which Philip V and Isabella Farnese had built as a kind of Spanish Versailles. Here Charles III built a court complex with various ancillary buildings and workshops. In the course of these extensions the eastern façade of the palace church was also redesigned to reflect its state function. The two towers of the choir with their colossal pilasters and strongly defined attic floor are attributed to Francesco Sabatini.
The photo shows the palace church.