TORRETTI, Giuseppe
(b. 1664, Asolo, d. 1743, Venezia)


Gesuiti, Venice

Although the church, where this group of Assumption appears in the gable, is named Santa Maria Assunta, it is generally called "the Gesuiti", after the Jesuits who founded it. The façade, added in the early eighteenth century completed the construction and decoration of the building begun in 1657 by Domenico Rossi.