(b. 1590, Paris, d. 1649, Paris)
Oil on canvas, 375 x 225 cm
Chiesa del Gesù, Genoa
The painting was executed in Rome and transferred to Genoa where Vouet spent a year in the service of Paolo Orsini and the Doria family. His stay in Genoa, and above all the contact with Orazio Gentileschi who was also there, resulted in a change in the style of Vouet: he abandoned Caravaggism and turned towards a pure Baroque style.