BORROMINI, Francesco
(b. 1599, Bissone, d. 1667, Roma)

Exterior view

1637-50
Photo
Oratorio dei Filippini, Rome

In 1637 Borromini began the plans and building for the Oratory of St. Filippo Neri, one of the major Catholic congregations after the Jesuits. The community had a mother house on the Via Papalis and works continued further south towards Via del Pellegrino.

The picture shows the lateral frontage on the Via Papalis.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.