LORENZO VENEZIANO
(active 1356-1372 in Venice)

Lion Polyptych

1357
Panel
Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice

The polyptych was originally on the main altar of the demolished church of Sant'Antonio di Castello. The polyptych is named after the donor, Domenico Lion, depicted kneeling right to the Virgin. The size of the panels in the low register are 126 x 75 cm (centre), 121 x 60 cm (sides), while in the upper register 82 x 83 cm (centre), 67 x 60 (sides). The upper panel with God the Father is a replacement of the lost original.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.