MASTER THOMAS de Coloswar
(first half of 15th century)

Ascension

1427
Tempera on wood, 90 x 71,5 cm
Christian Museum, Esztergom

The painting originally was one of the wings of the Calvary altarpiece at Garamszentbenedek. This altarpiece is one of the most significant painting of the period in Hungary; its source can be traced to the court painting in Bohemia, and it is also related to the court painting in Burgundy.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.