(active end of 14th century in Bruges)

St Ursula Shrine

c. 1400
Painted wood
Sint-Janshospitaal, Bruges

This small wooden relic-chest contained the relics of St Ursula until 21 October 1489 when, during a ceremony in the choir of the St John's Hospital chapel, they were transferred to the new shrine executed by Hans Memling.

© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.