UNKNOWN MASTER, German
(active in 1360s in Cologne)

Head of a Prophet

1360-70
Tempera on plaster, 85 x 80 cm
Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, Cologne

This head and other fragments (three heads of Prophets and of Emperor Charles IV) now in the Wallraf-Richartz-Museum were discovered on the north wall of the Cologne town hall's Hansa chamber during renovations in 1859.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.