MEMLING, Hans
(b. ca. 1440, Seligenstadt, d. 1494, Bruges)

Portinari Triptych (left wing)

1487
Oil on wood, 45 x 34 cm
Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence

The left wing of the triptych represents St Benedict, the patron saint of the donor, Benedetto di Tommaso Portinari. The right wing, also in the Uffizi, represents the donor. The central panel, now in the Staatliche Museen, Berlin, depicts the Virgin and Child in a landscape.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.