MEMLING, Hans
(b. ca. 1440, Seligenstadt, d. 1494, Bruges)

Portinari Triptych (right wing)

1487
Oil on wood, 45 x 34 cm
Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence

The right wing of the triptych represents the donor, Benedetto di Tommaso Portinari. The left wing, also in the Uffizi, represents his patron saint St Benedict. The central panel, now in the Staatliche Museen, Berlin, depicts the Virgin and Child in a landscape.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.