MINO DA FIESOLE
(b. 1429, Poppi, d. 1484, Firenze)

Tabernacle of the Sacrament

c. 1473
Marble
Santa Croce, Florence

This tabernacle, which was originally in the church of the nunnery of Le Murate, is now in the Castellani Chapel in the right arm of the transept of Santa Croce. The chapel was frescoed by Agnolo Gaddi and his workshop with stories of saints on the walls and with the Doctors of Church on the vault.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.