SANCTIS, Francesco de
(b. 1679, Roma, d. 1731, Roma)

Exterior view

Trinità dei Pellegrini, Rome

The rebuilding of an old church on the site was started in 1587, finished in 1597 and consecrated it in 1616. In the same project a purpose-designed hospice was built next door. The architect of the complex was Martino Longhi the Elder. The present façade was added by Francesco de Sanctis in 1723-26. This architect was also responsible for the Spanish Steps.

The picture shows the façade of the church.

© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.