UNKNOWN GOLDSMITH, Italian
(active c. 1400 in Venice)

Reliquary of Sts Cosma and Damiano

c. 1400
Carved and faceted rock crystal, gilt silver, enamel, height 44 cm
Museo delle Cappelle Medicee, Florence

The reliquary was donated to the Basilica of San Lorenzo, Florence in 1532 by Pope Clement VII.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.