ARCHITECT, German
(active 1150-1172 in Cologne)

Exterior view from the south-east

1150-72
Photo
St. Martin the Great, Cologne

The former Benedictine monastery church of St. Martin the Great was built in place of the church burnt down in 1150 and was consecrated in 1172. The architectural origin of the building is to be found in the Cologne tradition (e.g. St. Maria im Kapitol).




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.