ARCHITECT, German
(active 1170s in Lower Saxony)

Exterior view

founded c. 1170
Photo
Imperial Palace, Goslar

The Imperial Palace (Kaiserpfalz) is a historical building complex located in the southern part of the town of Goslar. It is dominated by the Kaiserhaus, which was a favourite imperial residence, especially for the Salian emperors. The Kaiserhaus has been extensively restored in the late 19th century. The palace district originally included the Kaiserhaus, the old collegiate church of St. Simon and St. Jude, the palace chapel of St. Ulrich and the Church of Our Lady (Liebfrauenkirche).

The photo shows the Kaiserhaus, renovated in 1968-79 to its present form.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.