ARCHITECT, Italian
(active 1063-1272 in Tuscany)

Exterior view

1063-1272
Photo
Cathedral, Pisa (Tuscany)

In the temple front of the cathedral the Pisans used a continuous sequence of free-standing arches. At the centre of the pediment are two arches, divided by the tallest column, above which is the statue of the Virgin with the Christ Child.

The photo shows the temple front on the upper part of the façade.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.