ARCHITECT, Italian
(active c. 1600 in Padua)

Villa Foscarini: External view

1599-1602
Photo
Villa Foscarini Negrelli Rossi, Stra

The old house of the noble Venetian Foscarini ai Carmini family, near the confluence of the Brenta and Tergola rivers, was rebuilt between 1599 and 1602, probably by Vincenzo Scamozzi following the plans of Andrea Palladio. The façade is clearly modelled on Palladian examples, featuring a pronaos supported by tapered Ionic columns. The foresteria, or guest quarters, is situated to the side of and slightly behind the main house. The villa was remodeled in the Neo-classical period

The first owners were the Foscarini, followed by the Negrelli and since 1988 the Rossi family, owner of a shoe factory.




© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.