(active early 18th century in Treviso)

Palazzo Orsetti: Façade

Piazza Garibaldi, Treviso

The Palazzo Orsetti Dolfin Giacomelli (named after the successive owner families) looks out over the Sile River. It underwent an early eighteenth-century renovation designed by a local architect. The Orsetti family, wealthy Venetian merchants originally from Bergamo, commissioned the modernization. The architect endowed the building with a graceful façade crowned by a large, neo-Palladian tympanum. Inside, he designed a spacious, double-height ballroom on the piano nobile, with an open balcony circling the entire perimeter. This hall was frescoed by Louis Dorigny in c. 1710.

© Web Gallery of Art, created by Emil Krén and Daniel Marx.