GOTHIC GLASS PAINTER, Swiss
(active c. 1453)

Adoration of the Magi (detail)

c. 1453
Stained glass window
Cathedral, Berne

The first stained glass window in the Gothic choir of the Berne Cathedral was provided by the Ulm workshop in 1441. However, subsequent work, such as the Adoration of the Magi on the north side of the choir, was made by local artists. The design was by a painter who worked in the tradition of the Master of the Upper Rhine.