(b. ca. 1613, Eu, d. 1686, Paris)
Michel and François Anguier were brothers and sculptors, who stood apart from the mainstream which in the middle of the 17th century was dominated by Sarazin. They went to Rome about 1641 and joined the studio of Algardi. On their return to France (François in 1643, Michel in 1651), the brothers collaborated on the tomb of Henry de Montmorency in the chapel of the Lycée at Moulins (1648-52), which reveals the new Roman influence they introduced into France. Later the two brothers worked mainly apart, Michel having the more interesting career. His works includes the decoration of the interior of the church of the Val-de-Grace, Paris (1662-67), and the Nativity group in St Roch, Paris (1665).