(b. 1771, Venezia, d. 1845, Venezia)
Italian painter and architect. He held the chair of perspective in the Academy of Venice. The subject of his many perspective views were especially monuments and particularly those in Venice (The church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Santa Maria della Salute from the Grand Canal, exhibited in Milan in 1829; View of the courtyard of the Doge's Palace, View of the cloister of Certosa di Pavia, exhibited in Venice in 1832; Colleoni Monument, presented in Venice in 1838). He was also active as a designer: between 1820 and 1831 he worked for the Teatro La Fenice.
La Fenice was destroyed in a fire in the night between the 12th and 13th December in 1836 and the Company decided to go ahead with its reconstruction immediately. This delicate task was entrusted to the hands of the brothers Giovanni Battista and Tommaso Meduna, both famous architects, while the equally delicate task of the decorations fell to Tranquillo Orsi, who completed this work in December 1837.