(b. 1791, Firenze, d. 1847, Firenze)
Italian sculptor. He was the pupil and assistant of Lorenzo Bartolini and is known primarily as a sculptor of children. He also produced many larger works including the statues of Arnolfo di Cambio (Palazzo dei Canonici, Florence), Filippo Brunelleschi (Palazzo dei Canonici, Florence), Leonardo da Vinci (portico of the Uffizi, Florence) and the monument to Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo (San Caterina, Pisa).