Catalan architect. He is considered one of the most important Catalan architects of his period. His family was originally from San Agustín de Llusanés.
He worked as a stonemason in the cathedral of Barcelona between 1405 and 1406. Much of his professional life is linked to the Palau de la Generalitat of Catalonia, where he was a master builder.
He was commissioned to restore (which was finally rebuilt) the Palau de la Generalitat, and he worked intensively on it until 1425. His brothers, masters of various arts, collaborated with him: the carpenter Bernat; Joan, stone carver; Pere, master of bells and copper. The Chapel of Sant Jordi with its front carved as a filigree, was also built by him (completed in 1434).
He also worked at the Palacio Berenguer d'Aguilar, current site of the Picasso museum, and at the Lonja de Barcelona.
In the year 1441 he was appointed master builder of Cathedral of the Seu Vella de Lérida (although he never worked on it, and in 1448 built the headquarters of the Generality in Perpignan.
Parallel to his profession, he did business buying properties that had belonged to Jews such as the main synagogue, acquired in 1438. He also negotiated with slaves.