(b. 1599, Bissone, d. 1667, Roma)
Sant'Andrea delle Fratte, Rome
The construction of the church Sant'Andrea delle Fratte was begun in 1602, to the design of Gaspare Guerra. The project was halted eight years later. Borromini received the commission to complete the construction from the Marchese Bufalo in 1653. Borrommini is responsible of the apse, the tambour of the cupola, and the square campanile with four orders.
The picture shows a view of the dome.