(b. 1538, Verona, d. 1598, Venezia)
Oil on canvas
Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Venice
The Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary was destroyed by fire in 1867. The restored chapel was reopened only in 1959. It is now decorated with many 16th-17th-century paintings originated from other Venetian churches and collections. Benedetto Caliari's painting belongs to this decoration.