(b. ca. 1560, Antwerpen, d. 1634, Brussel)
The Saint Augustine Church at the Kammenstraat in Antwerp was once the convent church of the Augustinian friars. The church was the first major building project of the later Augustinian monastery. It was built between 1615 and 1618 under the leadership of Wenceslas Cobergher, court architect of the archdukes Albert and Isabella. The style is described as Early Baroque, but especially in the façade there are still clear characteristics of the local Renaissance traditions. This screen façade conceals a three-aisled nave without a transept and with a relatively large choir.
In the interior Antwerp's greatest painters, Rubens, Van Dyck and Jordaens made an altarpiece especially for this church. In 2006, the interior was converted into a modern concert hall, and the paintings are currently in the Royal Museum of Fine Arts in Antwerp.
The photo shows the interior transformed into a concert hall.