(b. ca. 1460, Oudewater, d. 1523, Bruges)
Oil on wood, 77 x 62 cm
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
The two panels in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, representing the angel and the Virgin of the Annunciation, respectively, were part of a multi-storied polyptych commissioned in 1506 for the high altar of the Benedictine abbey church of San Gerolamo della Cervara, near Genoa.